Building Your Career at McDougall Communications
Don't see anything at this time? We're always on the lookout for curious, smart and passionate business and communications professionals.
Want to try your luck with convincing us to hire you without an open role? Go for it!
COMMUNICATIONS / SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
SPRING - SUMMER 2021 | ROCHESTER, N.Y.
McDougall Communications is currently seeking a communications student superstar for Spring 2021 to assist with its nonprofit public relations campaigns. We are currently working with American Diabetes Association on its signature fundraising event Tour de Cure and with Nativity Preparatory Academy, a Catholic middle school in Rochester serving inner-city students in grades 5-8. The social media / web content internship will take place virtually due to the current situation surrounding COVID-19.
• Support regional public relations efforts that target a variety of markets, audiences, and media outlets.
• Work with counselors and clients to identify story opportunities.
• Assist managers with projects including—but not limited to—developing story pitches, articles and event itineraries; assist writing press releases; coordinate traditional and social media coverage.
• Create and maintain databases for media information, coverage, projects and summary reports.
• Enrolled in a communications, public relations or marketing course of study at an accredited four-year university.
• Completion of either (a) junior year with relevant communications coursework or (b) sophomore year plus at least one communications internship held elsewhere (with a positive recommendation).
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (esp. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Written (familiarity with Associated Press style) and verbal communication skills.
• Strong partnering and relationship skills.
• Proven self-starter with demonstrated initiative and organization skills– ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities, both independently, and in a team environment.
• Strong research skills and an understanding of how the news media works.
• Must provide full availability and own transportation to/from the office and event sites.
• Must have desire to make meaningful contributions to a team that values bold, creative thinking with industry-leading quality standards.
Program length: The internship is available effective immediately and is expected to extend to the end of Summer 2021. Interns must be fully available for the decided duration of the internship. Schedules per week will vary per intern, but expect to be available (virtually) 8-10 hours per week.
Our internships are unpaid, but for a specific reason. Students work exclusively on pro bono programs and projects at national and regional levels, with responsibilities that far exceed the typical internship experience. This benefits our interns as well as the communities in which we operate.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Extra points for creativity here! We’re looking for a standout intern and that could be you!