Building Your Career at McDougall Communications
Don't see anything at this time? We're always on the lookout for curious, smart and passionate business and communications professionals. Want to try your luck with convincing us to hire you without an open role? Go for it!
Account Coordinator / Associate Counselor | Communications & Public Relations
Are you the type of person who wakes up thinking about the day ahead and wondering how you’ll make a difference? Someone who sees a news story and immediately considers how you’d garner even more interest around the topic? A communications professional who has ideas strike at every hour of the day, unable to turn off the creative spigot? We should talk.
McDougall Communications is seeking an account coordinator/associate counselor for its globally recognized team, specializing in content development and curation, earned and owned media, and program management and measurement. Working closely with senior members of the organization as well as other agency partners, the person will have day-to-day responsibility for key components of major initiatives in the healthcare, technology and non-profit sectors, all of which change the world for the better.
Applicants must be more than proficient in the following areas, with proven results from past roles plus demonstrated potential for professional growth:
- Communications / PR program development, including research, planning and measurement.
- Superb content development skills, including short-form and long-form copywriting and editing suited for digital and traditional platforms.
- Basic graphic design and editing skills (advanced skills are welcome).
- Cross-discipline working knowledge to allow seamless interaction with creative, advertising, brand marketing, investor relations and specialty digital functions.
- A comfort interacting with highly trained subject matter experts in fields such as medicine, engineering, optics and more, helping them translate concepts into understandable and compelling communications.
These skills will be further honed by working with the McDougall team and our clients in a fast-paced, high energy environment that places a high value on differentiating strategies, collaboration, ethics, trust and superb outcomes, all within a fun, tight-knit family environment.
Candidates must have considerable self-initiative, an innate drive to solve complex challenges, and the eagerness to explore new territories in communications and public relations.
The person accepting the position will become part of an organization that has grown to become the senior-most communications firm in all of Upstate New York, with clients and programs than span six continents. Our work is regularly heralded as innovative and highly effective on a global scale, and our employees are often considered members of clients’ in-house teams. We believe in what we do, and it shows.
An undergraduate degree in communications or public relations is strongly preferred. At least one to three years of prior, directly applicable work is absolutely required—this is not an entry-level position. Salary and a full range of benefits (medical, dental, 401(k), vacation, bonuses) will be detailed with finalists.
To apply, please send your qualifications to email@example.com.